Chute Technology is made up of three Principal Partners, Telford Engineering Solutions, TW Woods Constructions and Dennis Pomfret Engineering. These partners have combined experience of more than 80 years in a wide variety of resource industries including coal, iron ore, alumina and limestone across Australia, the USA, South America and South Africa. The technologies are also applicable to gold, nickel and other bulk minerals and ores.
We focus on applying engineering, design and manufacturing resources to solve materials handling problems. We have very specific conveyor transfer expertise.
Chute Technology has made advances in:
- Identifying premature failure of ceramic tile – thermal and structural
- Asymmetrical chute work for sideways loading chutes
- Divergent flow hoods for load distribution
- Low height chutes for underground transfers
- Adapting transfer shapes to handle sticky product
- Skirt-less transfer for spillage containment
- Multi-direction transfers for portable conveyors
These advances have created major increases in productivity and reduction in downtime, spillage and maintenance shutdowns.
Combination of Skills
Chute Technology combines three main areas of expertise:
DEM for flow modelling and FEA stress analysis for structural integrity
3D drawing model flows directly to detail workshop drawing
Fully equipped fabrication workshop – patented plate forming equipment. All backed by experienced personnel with long careers in the type of business